It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why does the rootservices url/document prompt for jazz credentials

Thomas Piccoli (158) | asked Feb 28 '20, 4:06 p.m.
edited Mar 02 '20, 8:44 a.m.
I have a customer running 6.0.6.1 on WAS and when they navigate to the https://server:9443/rm/rootservices url they are required to login.  This behavior is causing a problem for our OSLC consumer code. They are using Common Access Cards.

Can anyone tell me how I can set up a 6.0.6.1 system deployed on packaged Liberty Profile to secure the rootservices url so I can debug this issue or tell me how the customer can expose the rootservices url without requiring a login.

2 answers

permanent link
Jim Amsden (29337) | answered Mar 02 '20, 9:38 a.m.

Is the login related to some customer configured firewall? I have never seen this behavior.

Comments
Thomas Piccoli commented Mar 02 '20, 9:46 a.m.
Definitely sounds like this is unexpected behavior.  I will go back to the customer and see if they can get any information from their systems/network team.  They are running in a very secure environment and claim that all server access requires a certificate and a pin from their Common Access Card.

Thank you both for your responses, I'll post back when I get more information.

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 02 '20, 9:52 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

if they have additional means that prevent accessing a servers, you would have to make sure that s satisfied before asking for the rootserices.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Mar 02 '20, 2:27 a.m.

I just tried this on a standard Liberty 6.0.6.1 and there is no login required to access the root services document. As far as I know there has never been a requirement to login to get the rootservices.

Comments
Thomas Piccoli commented Mar 02 '20, 8:49 a.m.

Thank you for the response.  I agree, I have never been required to login to access the root services document on any deployment I've done.  I'm wondering if the behavior they see is related to using Common Access Cards or could there be a configuration setting, network or ELM, causing this behavior.

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 02 '20, 9:50 a.m.
I do not know of any mechanism that would password protect the Rootservices. I think it would be desirable to get more information about the setup. For me, even opening the page in the browser works: https://elm.example.com:9443/jts/rootservices

Jims idea is also something to look into.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.