It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to create the phase wise plan in RTC

priyanka jogdand (154) | asked Feb 25 '20, 3:58 a.m.

Hi All,

I have requirement to create the high level assessment  plan in RTC as per the phases of change request.
To achieve this I am using default Timeline called "Main Development", Iteration- Release 1.0 and sub iteration are Requirement, design, Implementation and Testing.
I have set the Release 1.0 iteration under main development timeline to my Plan of type "Release".
Set the iteration to different Workitems as they will be responsible for specific phase.
Client wants Plan view should be grouped by iteration. i.e. Phase wise
Ideally it is expected that my Design should start the after completion of the Requirement and Implementation should start after completion of the  Design.
I set  predecessor as per above expectations but still the Accumulated time to all workitem is starting on same day.
I am getting the tool-tip "Work item predecessors that are planned for different iterations are ignored in this work item schedule."
 It is not possible to start the all the phases simultaneously also If I am using default iteration type like Requirement, design, Implementation there should have feature to achieve above scenario.

Please help, How can I achieve phase wise view of Plan along with different start date for each phase. 

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Feb 25 '20, 6:29 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Feb 25 '20, 6:31 a.m.
As far as i know, predecessor links only consider items that are on the plan. That might be confusing, but the reason is that the performance implications are too serious, if all work items would be considered. (you see the warning)
Work items planned for a different timeline, or somehow otherwise not in the plan, are not considered. There are limited capabilities to see scheduled start times across the boundaries of one plan, when using cross project planning.

Plan views can show and group sub iterations, if they are used to plan items.

RTC is not MS Project and does not necessarily work that way or provide what users would like it to. It i definitely ,more limited than what many users desire.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.