It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to access Related Artifacts off a work item using Report Builder

Bob 3 (1481564) | asked Feb 25 '20, 12:53 a.m.
edited Feb 25 '20, 12:58 a.m.

I am using IBM ELM v6.0.6.1. I have a work item that has links to RM module artifacts using the Related Artifacts link relationship. 

I would like to create a Report Builder report that shows workflow state information about the linked modules. So I configured my Report Builder report accordingly:

When I apply the correct global configuration and filter the work item to 2901 (see first screen capture), I receive no results:

However, if I remove the "Required" filter on the Related Artifacts link relationship:
...I can see the work item and that Report Builder thinks it has zero Related Artifacts>Requirements Module link relationships.

Does anyone have any tips or guidance for how to reveal this Work Item > Related Artifacts > DOORS Next Module relationship in Report Builder?

Thanks!

3 answers

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Feb 29 '20, 7:02 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I tried this out, and had no problem producing a report using "LQE scoped by a configuration", that showed the "Related Artifacts" values in the report.   When I made that link "required", the result appropriately showed only workitems that had at least one "Related Artifacts" value.

So I would check your CCM TRS feed, to make sure there have been no errors.   I expect that the data just hasn't made it from the CCM application to the LQE data source.   If that doesn't point to the source of the problem, I'd suggest working with IBM Support to track down what is going on ... this should work.

Comments
Bob 3 commented Mar 01 '20, 1:07 p.m.

Geoffrey, thank you for your response. What version of Report Builder/CCM are you using in your test?

I do not see any errors in LQE associated with CCM TRS feeds. I have taken this up with IBM support. 

Geoffrey Clemm commented Mar 01 '20, 10:01 p.m.

I was using version 6.0.6.1 

permanent link
Ian Barnard (1.9k613) | answered Feb 28 '20, 8:33 a.m.
edited Feb 28 '20, 8:34 a.m.
 Hi again Bob

What data source are you using?

I'm using LQE, and I can see that the related artifacts link will show results in Report Builder, but probably not quite the way you want, because 'Related Artifacts' isn't an OSLC link, it is a hyperlink, which could go to anything you can get a URL for. To add the Related Artifact links you had to copy/paste a URL.For an OSLC link you will get an artifact picker, and for OSLC links Report Builder will be able to offer for you to follow further OSLC links.

OSLC links are directional and when made between domains (e.g. ccm and rm) they are specific and pre-defined.

The OSLC links you can make between a Rational Team Concert work item and a DOORS Next Generation artifact are shown here: https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_6.0.6/com.ibm.team.concert.sdk.doc/topics/r_link_domains.html

Work Item links available are Affects Requirement, Implements Requirement and Tracks Requirement - however the only one of these which can go a module (i.e. the artifact for a module) is Implements Requirement but that can only come from a plan item in RTC, i.e. not a work item.

Maybe you can work with Implements, Affects or Tracks, but to an artifact (within a module, or a core artifact)?

HTH
Ian

Comments
Bob 3 commented Feb 28 '20, 4:06 p.m.

Ian, 

I am using the Report Builder data source "Lifecycle Query Engine scoped by a configuration."
I'm curious how you are configuring your report? I can't get Report Builder to give any indication that it can even see the Related Artifacts link relationship!
It makes the most sense for my team to link to the module level (and set workflow state at that level) because it is a document-centric organization.
Thanks again!

Geoffrey Clemm commented Feb 29 '20, 6:05 p.m. | edited Feb 29 '20, 6:07 p.m.

A clarifications on Ian's answer:  The "Implements Requirement" relation is only from a work item to requirement (not to a module).    Ian was probably thinking of the "Implements Requirement Collection" relation, which is from a plan (not a plan item) to a module.  With the similarity of the names, it is easy to confuse the two relations, but they are different relations.

permanent link
Ian Barnard (1.9k613) | answered Feb 26 '20, 5:33 a.m.
Hi Bob

Most likely your links from Work Items aren't to the module itself but to artifacts inside the module (aka module artifacts) - so change 'Requirement Module' to 'Requirement', and then add a required link to a Requirements Collection, 'Used By' - so you will only see requirements that are in a module (i.e. Module Artifacts).

HTH
Ian

Comments
Bob 3 commented Feb 26 '20, 3:33 p.m.

Hi Ian, thanks for your response.

In fact, my links are to requirements modules, as this is a document-centric organization and we are trying to show readiness for review at a module level.  

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.