It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

scm get file downloads file with wrong encoding

Geoff Alexander (19623947) | asked Feb 17 '20, 5:04 p.m.
edited Feb 17 '20, 5:12 p.m.

I have a file in RTC with the following properties:

• Character Encoding: UTF-8
  • Executable: false
  • Line Delimiter: Platform
  • MIME Type: text/plain
  • mvsCodePage: IBM-1047
  • preserve.file.encoding: true
  • Read Access: Component scope
When I use lscm get file to download the file to RHEL/Windows, it is downloaded with IBM-1047 encoding.  I would expect the file to be downloaded with UTF-8 encoding on RHEL/Windows since its Character Encoding value is UTF-8.  My understanding is that mvsCodePage property only applies when downloading to MVS / USS (see https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.team.scm.doc/topics/show_properties.html&scope=null).  The file displays correctly in the RTC Eclipse client.  Also, another file with the same properties (in a different component) downloads using lscm get file as UTF-8 encoded as expected.

Does any one have any idea as to why the file is incorrectly downloading with IBM-1047 encoding on RHEL/Windows?

I'm using the RTC 6.0.6.1 scm/lscm command and RTC Eclipse Client 6.0.6.1, and the RTC server is running RTC 6.0.6.1 iFix001.

2 answers

permanent link
Geoff Alexander (19623947) | answered Feb 18 '20, 2:16 a.m.

It turns out that lscm get file is working correctly.  While the current version of the file has a Character Encoding of UTF-8, the version that was being downloaded by the lscm get file has a Character Encoding of IBM-1047.

permanent link
Bhagath P B (3888) | answered Feb 17 '20, 10:45 p.m.

Hi Alexander,

You can refer this article on how to configure encoding.

Below website shows you how to create or edit magic.properties file.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.