It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DWA An unrecognized error has occurred.ID CRCRW5074E

Sean F (1.3k241144) | asked Feb 12 '20, 11:19 a.m.
I am getting the above error when I login to DWA 9.7 using any of the following browsers.

Firefox
Chrome
Edge

Has anybody seen this error and been able to resolve it?

There is a thread discussing the issue with 9.6 here on DeveloperWorks

I was going to post my question there but the DW forum seems to have been permanently shut down some time over Christmas.

Anybody know where I can find a list of supported browsers for DWA 9.7

Does not seem to be in the release notes.

5 answers

permanent link
Ian Barnard (1.9k613) | answered Feb 14 '20, 9:56 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Sean -  You should create a support case to get help with this error message.

permanent link
Sean F (1.3k241144) | answered Feb 20 '20, 10:58 a.m.
edited Feb 20 '20, 11:00 a.m.
Hi Ian,

I do not have access to IBM Technical Support for this product.

I have looked through the DWA online doco but I cannot find a list of supported browsers for DWA 9.7. If anyone knows what they are please let me know where it is documented

I have also reproduced the problem with IE 11.657

The symptoms of this problem are strange. The DOORS database top level projects/folders are presented along with the error message in a banner:-

DWA An unrecognized error has occurred.ID CRCRW5074E

If the user clicks on any of the folders a popup appears asking the user to login again which then goes back to the same starting point. So the database content cannot be browsed.

permanent link
Sean F (1.3k241144) | answered Apr 20 '20, 10:41 a.m.

Has anybody got DWA 9.7 successfully running on Windows 10?

It is not a supported platform but it used to work with 9.6.x

The bug described in the OP is accompanied by a DWA login dialog popping up every time even though the user is already logged in.

If the user logs in again it looks good until they try to browse the DOORS Database content folders when the error pops up again and the login dialog pops up again.

There does not seem to be much activity on the new forum yet so i thought I would try this here again.

permanent link
Brian Lahaie (1081514) | answered Aug 07 '20, 12:50 a.m.

I was countering the same error, and to resolve it I needed to update the repositoryUrn attribute value in the festival.xml file.  

I ran this DXL to get the correct value, and then I updated the festival.xml file to have the value.
print getDatabaseIdentifier()

permanent link
AiYu Tan (1) | answered Dec 26 '22, 5:43 p.m.
Check Java version to make sure it is compatible.

Example in festival.log:

<08-Dec-2022 13:09:22> [LogApplicationDetails] java.vendor: Oracle Corporation

<08-Dec-2022 13:09:22> [LogApplicationDetails] java.version: 1.8.0_261

<08-Dec-2022 13:09:22> [LogApplicationDetails] java.runtime.version: 1.8.0_261-b12

That JRE is not supported. You MUST use only the IBM JRE 8 64 bit.

Direct link to download IBM Java:

https://www.ibm.com/support/fixcentral/swg/selectFixes?parent=ibm%7ERational&product=ibm/Rational/Rational+DOORS&release=9.6.1.11&platform=All&function=all

Extract it on the machine where DWA is installed, then create (or edit) the JAVA_HOME variable. The value should be the path to the "jre" folder, like: C:\Program Files\IBM\Java80\jre

The error is likely due because use the wrong JRE.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.