It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

I am trying load workspace, but files are missing on server.

Omar Hernandez (11) | asked Feb 11 '20, 10:20 p.m.

I am trying load a workspace with all is change sets, but it seems files are missing on server. How can I add these files back to server? I tried to checkin file back in, but I get 

Checking-in changes to new change set
Errors encountered during Check-in
Errors encountered during Check-in
Parent '/3403/docs/nnnn' has multiple children with the name 'nnnn.pdf'.
Parent '/3403/docs/nnnn' has multiple children with the name 'nnnn.pdf'.

How can I repair it?

One answer

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Feb 12 '20, 10:18 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Find the stream in the Team Artifacts view, right-click on the component, and select 'Show' --> 'Repository Files', and browse to '/3403/docs/nnnn', based on this error I suspect you will see a file called 'nnnn.pdf'. So it sounds like you have created a file locally that also has the name 'nnnn.pdf' and trying to check it in will result in the error since you can't have two different files with the same name.
If you want to keep your version, you can temporarily move it somewhere. Load a repository workspace from the stream, delete the 'nnnn.pdf' file (which comes from the server - which I'm assuming you want to delete in this case). You then check-in the change set which contains the file deletion and deliver that. You then bring back your version of the 'nnnn.pdf' which will be detected as an unresolved change in the Pending Changes view, this way you can check-in that version since there will no longer be an 'evil twin'. To be honest though, I'm not sure what your end goal is, so these steps might not do what you want.

Comments
Omar Hernandez commented Feb 12 '20, 7:13 p.m.

The main issue I have is that example file 'nnnn.pdf' is no longer on the server, when I try to load my workspace. So I was trying to push a replacement copy back to server to fix issue on server. If there a way to force a missing file back onto server in an older baseline?

David Lafreniere commented Feb 13 '20, 10:04 a.m. | edited Feb 13 '20, 10:04 a.m.

The following error suggests that the file does indeed exist 'on the server'.

"Errors encountered during Check-in. Parent '/3403/docs/nnnn' has multiple children with the name 'nnnn.pdf'.". This means the file already exists in the server in your repository workspace. If you have it in an outgoing change set, you can then deliver it to a stream.

Q: "Is there a way to force a missing file back in an older baseline?" A: No. Baselines are immutable by design.

I'm still not fully understanding what you are trying to achieve (but maybe someone else on the forum can answer).

David Lafreniere commented Feb 13 '20, 10:04 a.m.

If you are trying to add a file to a stream, you create a repository workspace based on the stream, load it, add the new file, and deliver the change set back to the stream.

If you want to roll-back a stream to an older state (and add a file?) you create a repository workspace based on the collection of baselines you want, or snapshot, then add a file, then you can perform the "Replace In 'Stream_Name'" action on a component to overwrite the contents of the stream with what you have in your repository workspace.

Omar Hernandez commented Feb 13 '20, 1:01 p.m.

The issue I have is trying to load a workspace and server not getting missing files which seem to be not on server, but yes in the baseline. How to fix missing missing files, if I can never load my workspace?

David Lafreniere commented Feb 13 '20, 1:26 p.m.
I take it my previous comment didn't help add the file? (In which case I'm still not clear exactly what you are trying to do). Your latest comment also says "... if I can never load my workspace", which wasn't in the original question. So I'm not sure why you can't load your workspace.

I would first start with using the 'Repository Files' view for both the stream and in the repository workspace to confirm if the file is indeed 'missing' (my previous comment implies I suspect the file is there, otherwise you would not get that error message when trying to check-in the file).

You might need to write extremely detailed steps to reproduce (indicating which IDE you are using [Eclipse/Vs], which view, and what exact actions/button clicks you are doing; along with the end result, and what you want to achieve after that.

Also, words like "in the server" is very vague as well, as files can exist in your repository workspace, or in a stream, or a baseline (all which are independent things)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.