It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Adding a Link from within Requirement Collection Links section of QM?

Mary Miller (87124) | asked Feb 06 '20, 1:28 p.m.
edited Feb 06 '20, 2:29 p.m.
Good day,

I am using Quality Manager 6.0.6, iFix012. The issue I am seeing is due to Adding a DOORS NG project as an Association vs. creating the QM, RTC, DOORS NG projects together all at once.  I just tested it.  However, I don't know how to fix the problem below. 

I am attempting to add/remove links from the Requirement Collection Links section of the Test Plan.  Previously, I had to go into DOORS NG to create the link.  However, I cannot seem to find the ability to link from Quality Manager to DOORS NG.  A DOORS NG project was associated with the QM project after the QM project was created.  The following image is all I see in that section:

I did notice that I get what I expect in the Development Plan Links.  I also get a similar set of icons with the projects that were all created together (QM, RTC, DOORS NG).

I have Test Team Member and Data Migration Administrator roles.  Additionally, I am in the Administrator of this project.

Sincerely,

Mary

2 answers

permanent link
abhishek gour (3812) | answered Feb 07 '20, 3:48 a.m.
Hi,
From your snapshot, I can see that three icons are missing on your Requirement Collection Section of test plan. -
for Add, Remove and Create requirements.
If you do not have permission to perform any operation then the icon bar should be disabled, it should not remove the icons.
It looks like -
 - Either some issue on your setup, license or permission assigned to your role,
 - Or a defect in the system.

Could you please reach out to support for this. They should be able to identify the source of issue.

permanent link
Mary Miller (87124) | answered Feb 07 '20, 9:38 a.m.
I think this is an issue with the set up.  However, I do not know how to fix it.  I created the Lifecycle Project using the option Quality Professional, Developer - without Requirements.  I then hooked up one of my Requirements projects by adding it as an Association.  This is likely how things will progress in the organization I work with.

However, if I create a Lifecycle Project using the option Quality Professional, Analyst, Developer I do not have this issue.

Is there a way to fix this so that I can see all the icons after I hook up a Requirements Lifecycle project or does everything have to be created from the beginning for this to work properly?

V/R,

Mary

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.