It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I make my DOORS module open read only for everybody using? Using DXL-DOORS 9.5

Zach Reiss (111) | asked Jan 22 '20, 8:44 p.m.

I am trying to make my IBM DOORS module open as read only for all. I know i can change the executable to -o for my personal computer, but I want it on all computers at my company. I believe there is a DXL way to do this. Does anybody have the script for this? I have tried using the DXL manual but cannot figure it out. Need help! Thanks!

One answer

permanent link
Aaron Mailhot (111) | answered Aug 05 '20, 3:59 p.m.

At our work, we have our admins push out the one and only shortcut to the DOORS application that everyone uses on all their computers. Basically you want to arrange the shortcut with the following parameters on the target (that you can read about online): "... -o READ_ONLY -O READ_ONLY ...". These parameters will cause the DOORS client to open as 'default read-only', meaning ALL modules opened in that session will be read-only, and then users can choose to manually toggle to e.g. exclusive-edit as needed/allowed by permissions.

Hope that helps,

-Aaron

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.