It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why does my change stay in the unresolved state even after checking-in and delivering

Michael Mazibuko (215) | asked Jan 07 '20, 5:34 a.m.
I have created a zOS Connect EE Service Project. When I try to share the project into one of my components in the repository, all project files become outgoing changes in the Pending changes view which is not a problem. The issue is that there's is an xml file that does not move out from the Unresolved state even though this same file is part of the outgoing changes as well. 
After delivering the Share changeset, the unresolved change is still there, but it has also been delivered at the same time. I know this sounds strange. 

I noticed that every time I check-in this unresolved change, the console logs that the file has been backed up in local history. 

My understanding is that I make a local change > Unresolved , Check-in > Outgoing, Deliver > No pending changset

My product version is RTC 6.0.4

One answer

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Jan 07 '20, 2:09 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
If you right-click on the file in the Outgoing folder and select 'Open in Compare Editor' does the compare editor show you any differences?

(thoughts: Is it possible that his XML is automatically generated somehow, causing a difference relative to the version you just check-ed in?)

Comments
Michael Mazibuko commented Jan 08 '20, 3:16 a.m.

There aren't any differences because the comparison is between the outgoing change and the local unresolved one. But when I compare with the changeset that has already been delivered, there are differences. 

I also discovered some weird behavior with the bin folder. Whenever I try to create a file, it gets deleted immediately. Not sure if this is how it should behave. 

Just to mention that I am able to create, check-in and delivery an xml that is not in the bin folder with no hassles.

David Lafreniere commented Jan 08 '20, 11:06 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
It should not matter if you have an outgoing change set. You can text this by suspending or discarding or delivering the outgoing change set, and then double clicking the file in the Unresolved folder to see the differences in the Compare editor (if there are no differences, Eclipse should show a dialog to you telling you there are no differences, if that happens then it might be some other 'property' difference (but you can test to see what happens and provide the results.

Also files in 'bin' folders are ignored by default, that is why you will not see changes appear in the Unresolved folder. You can change what is ignored by going to Window --> Preferences --> Team --> Ignored Resources. This list comes from Eclipse itself, but RTC and other version control systems often honor them.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.