It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

get 'validated by' and 'implemented by' links from DNG 6 in a global configuration

Diogo Curto (113) | asked Jan 06 '20, 3:22 p.m.
edited Jan 23 '20, 5:12 a.m. by Muralidhar Rajagopal (10114)

Hello,

I have a Global Configuration linking CCM, RM, QM. My Goal is to retrieve using OSLC the links to other tools from the requirements side.
Whenever I select the global configuration in DNG (configuration context) I am able to see the 'backlinks' to the other tools. Specifically, the 'Validated By' links for RQM and the 'Implemented by' links to CCM.

I as trying to get these properties using OSLC 2.0 by performing a GET to the artifact (inside the module) and using the following headers:
OSLC-Core-Version : 2.0
Accept: application/rdf+xml
vvc.configuration : 'rm_stream' / Global configuration

I also tried using: 
oslc_config.context = Global Configuration link 

I always get the same artifact representation.

Can someone please help?

One answer

permanent link
Kathryn Fryer (503147) | answered Jan 23 '20, 4:20 p.m.
Hi Diogo,

With configuration management enabled, links are directional, and don't create back-links. The "validates" and "implements" links are stored by the QM and CCM applications respectively. You see the incoming links in the DOORS Next UI only because DOORS Next queries the Link Index Provider (LDX) to determine and display them; they are not saved with the requirement artifact.  This blog post might help explain further.

Depending on what you're trying to do, you could look at JRS and Report Builder - LQE has some "smarts" so it can retrieve the link from either artifact. There is also published API for LDX, I haven't used it myself.

Hope that helps.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.