It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to Monitor Upgrade to 6.0.6.1 While Using rm_upgrade.bat

David Sakoda (2116) | asked Dec 16 '19, 5:28 p.m.

I am upgrading ELM from 6.0.2.ifix022  to 6.0.6.1.  Everything successful for all apps so far. When going through rm_upgrade.bat, it is taking extremely long. it's been running about 23 hours so far. Is there a way to monitor its progress or make sure it's not frozen or broke? 

This is the latest from the console:

Comments migration completed in 0 seconds
Comments are being migrated to configuration management.
Upgrade to configuration management will use 4 threads
The upgrade to configuration management is starting
Migration to configurations already performed... no work necessary
The migration of comments to configuration management is complete.
Starting migration of workflow attributes.
Found 11 projects
CRJZS5348I Indexing: resuming ...
CRJZS5821E The RDF index at E:\JazzTeamServer6.0.6.1\server\conf\rm\indices_It91sixzEeay7YcJpPpV4A\jfs-rdfindex is corrupted.
CRJZS5673I  The "text history" index for private applications does not exist. The missing index will be automatically recreated
CRJZS5673I  The "text live" index for private applications does not exist. The missing index will be automatically recreated
CRJZS5347I Indexing: resumed
Waiting for indices to be built...
CRJZS5586I Reindexing : Finished processing "text live" indices for private applications in 2844677 ms
CRJZS5586I Reindexing : Finished processing "text history" indices for private applications in 1735 ms
_

I see CPU cycling ~26% on the server running the batch using java and on the db server is see the connections from the script.

DB Server connections

E:\IBM\SQLLIB\BIN>db2 list applications

Auth Id  Application    Appl.      Application Id                                                 DB       # of
         Name           Handle                                                                    Name    Agents
-------- -------------- ---------- -------------------------------------------------------------- -------- -----
DBADMIN  db2jcc_applica 2899       192.168.xx.xxx.64171.191215231638                              RM2      1
DBADMIN  db2jcc_applica 5114       192.168.xx.xxx.55873.191216222817                              RM2      1

Been this way for 23 hours.  In hindsight , i could have given Xmx more memory, but for now is there any way to ensure it's not frozen?

Thanks,

David

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Dec 17 '19, 11:27 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I would like to suggest approaching support and opening a case.

permanent link
David Sakoda (2116) | answered Dec 18 '19, 5:09 p.m.
edited Dec 18 '19, 5:13 p.m.

Upon further log investigation i see this in repotools-rm_addTables.log for 6.0.6.1

2019-12-15 18:21:18,982 CRJZS5821E The RDF index at E:\JazzTeamServer6.0.6.1\server\conf\rm\indices_It91sixzEeay7YcJpPpV4A\jfs-rdfindex is corrupted.
com.hp.hpl.jena.tdb.TDBException: Root blocks must be at position zero
at com.hp.hpl.jena.tdb.index.bplustree.BPTreeNodeMgr.createEmptyBPT(BPTreeNodeMgr.java:55)
at com.hp.hpl.jena.tdb.index.bplustree.BPlusTree.createIfAbsent(BPlusTree.java:215)
at com.hp.hpl.jena.tdb.index.bplustree.BPlusTree.create(BPlusTree.java:141)
at com.hp.hpl.jena.tdb.setup.Builder$RangeIndexBuilderStd.createBPTree(Builder.java:178)
at com.hp.hpl.jena.tdb.setup.Builder$RangeIndexBuilderStd.buildRangeIndex(Builder.java:145)
at com.hp.hpl.jena.tdb.setup.Builder$TupleIndexBuilderStd.buildTupleIndex(Builder.java:68)
at com.hp.hpl.jena.tdb.setup.DatasetBuilderStd.makeTupleIndex(DatasetBuilderStd.java:287)

1. Revert everything back (app and the dbs) to 6.0.2ifix022. 
2. start jazz to see if everything (ccm/rm/qm/ldx/gc/rs/etc.) is ok as it once was before upgrade.
3. shutdown 6.0.2 jazz
4. delete indices from E:\JazzTeamServer6.0.2\server\conf\rm\indices
5. Run repotools-rm -reindex all from the 6.0.2\server\ location to rebuild index
6. I kept the install of 6.0.6.1 and reran the upgrade scripts for all apps (jts/ccm/qm/ldx/etc.) from the beginning.
7. i got to the rm upgrade part and did not get the RDF index error and it completed successfully.
8. everything upgraded to 6.0.6.1 and working properly. 

Hope it helps someone.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.