It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM 101 Using a build with a test

Mahari Hill (4861169230) | asked Dec 12 '19, 2:54 p.m.
Hello,

CLM 606

We're using RQM as a stand alone for a group. They (when first starting) created Build Records and a couple of Build Definitions thinking of connecting tests to builds. First thing:
  • What is a Build Record and Build Definition? Seems silly, but looking at the CLM help tells you how to create one, but not what they are used for. Seems weird.
  • How to connect builds to tests? When viewing old videos on youtube about executing tests, there is a part where they are selecting a build, but we don't seem to have that. Is this a Custom Attribute that we create? If so, why create Build Records at all?
I may be missing some selections. But I do not see a build option in any execution record or when I execute any test.

thanks for any help...

One answer

permanent link
Subhajit Bhuiya (6222) | answered Dec 24 '19, 2:21 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

You can use build to start running execution schedule. If you are using RTC for build, we have direct integration with RQM where you can run a set of tests (Execution Schedule) once build is successful. If you are using 3rd party tool, you can use Reportable REST APi or OSLC API to create / update a build record in RQM against a build definition once a build activity is over.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.