It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Results - "rolled up" results

Mahari Hill (4861167230) | asked Dec 11 '19, 7:35 a.m.
Hello,

I have been away from RQM for a bit, but I am putting together something for a team and I may be overthinking it, but I need assistance with set up. Simply put, we have management who needs status at "Level 1", and people who need status at "Level 2".

Example:
  • RTC
    • Work Items
    • Planning
    • Source Code
  • RQM
    • Planning
    • Reporting
    • Execution
Upper management wants the status of RTC and RQM. They want to know the progress and number of tests complete or in progress. Lower management/teams want to view the status of the Level 2 items like Planning, Source Code. Also if these areas complete, not tested or in progress.

Can the results and test categories be "rolled up" in to provide this type of reporting? Am I over thinking a simple solution? Using Test categories, would I be able to report on both levels in the tool?

Trying to plan out their tests.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Dec 12 '19, 5:07 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Dec 12 '19, 5:07 a.m.
I do not think anyone will be able to answer this question in depth.

In general there are Queries on RTC and Lifecycle queries that allow to report across the applications.
In addition there is the Report Server and Report Builder, that allows to create custom reports for items in project areas and also for linked items across project areas.

So in general you can report each level or view you want, limited by what is really available in queries or accessible in the Data Warehouse etc.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.