It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Progress and Load bars in RTC

Bareket Matmon (1717) | asked Dec 09 '19, 7:51 a.m.

Hello, 

we are planning on start using the agile capabilities in RTC: Start braking features into small tasks, and start using planning capabilities. 

before I started, I've change the allocation to be 100% for the current project area. 

Now, I've created 3 WI:
  • 1 parent: Feature A
    • 1 Task child: Task A. Estimate is 30h and time spent is 20h.
    • 1 Task child: Task B. Estimate is 10h and time spent is 4h.
    • all of those 3 WIs are in the same iteration. 
In Progress Bar: 
work hours done: 24/40 (which I understand)
expected work hours: 11h → How does it calculate it? 

Load Bar: 
Total hours available: 140h (is it the total hours I have in the current iteration I have on the plan? because I've counted 130h)

If I will change the planned for (iteration) of only 1 child (for example Task B), all of the numbers will be change as below: 
In Progress Bar: 
work hours done: 20/40 (Task B does not include in the calculation)
expected work hours: 8.5h ahead by 11.75h → How does it calculate it? 

Load Bar: 
Total hours available: 140h 
Total hours estimated: 10h → How does it calculate it? 

►Does all the task need to be for same iteration?◄

I have read the below article, but seems like it doesn't have answer for me. 

Thank you, 
Bareket 

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Dec 10 '19, 11:07 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
A plan has an owner - Team or project area. The plan has an iteration.
Only items that are owned by the owner or a subarea and that are planned for the iteration and its sub iterations are relevant for the plan.

The plan uses the iteration to calculate the start date and time and the end date and time of the iteration and the current date and time.
It uses the allocation of owners to areas and the settings for availability and work time to calculate work item relative to the current iteration.

It calculates the work item that has passed based on the iteration start, the members and their association and the current date and time. It calculates the remaining time until the end of the iteration based on the same data.

Total hours available is, I think the time that is left until the end of the iteration based on the member allocation and the current time and date,.
Total hours estimated is the sum of all work item estimates (estimated, corrected estimate).
Expected work hours is the number of hours based on the beginning of the iteration and the current time and date and the member allocation.
Work hours done is the number of hours done based on the time spent/time remaining information

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.