It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Slow boot-up of eclipse client when 5-6 workspaces are loaded

Rakesh A (33430) | asked Dec 03 '19, 12:07 a.m.
edited Dec 03 '19, 12:09 a.m.
Hello,
    I have loaded 5 repository work-spaces in which one stream has 1002 number of components & other 4 work-spaces in total had 20 components. So totally 1022 components are loaded. And I ensured that "Automatically detect changes" is disabled. I manually synchronized the remote & sandbox changes.
Then I restarted the client couple of times, it loaded very fast.  Then again i loaded one more workspace with some 10 more components. So total 1032 components loaded. After few minutes when the load is complete, I restarted my client. This took around 1 hour 30mins to start up & i can see progress bar showed “no operations to display at this time”.

Any guess why this huge amount of time was consumed ?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Dec 03 '19, 2:00 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

We found a defect that could cause this. It is fixed in 6.0.6.1 ifix005.

Comments
Rakesh A commented Dec 03 '19, 10:05 p.m. | edited Dec 04 '19, 2:39 a.m.
I can see this behavior in 6.0.6.1 ifix005 client running on JTS 6.0.6.1 ifix005. Collected the logs, will share it across the case for investigation.

Ralph Schoon commented Dec 04 '19, 2:41 a.m.

Just the logs will likely not sufficient. Support/development will need to be able to reproduce this. Please work with support to provide the loadrules and the source code. I can provide a tool to randomize and share the randomized data.

Ralph Schoon commented Dec 04 '19, 2:43 a.m.

That this happens with "Automatically detect changes" disabled hints it is a different use case.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.