It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Report Builder and date manipulation

Mahari Hill (4861167230) | asked Nov 14 '19, 10:34 a.m.
edited Nov 14 '19, 10:37 a.m.
Hello all,

CLM 606

I think this should be simple, but I might be mixing my "tools" up. I have a report that shows the following:

Id

Summary

Constraint Date

This has expired

01/01/2019

This is about to expire within 60 days

12/05/2019

This item is in good shape

05/05/2020

Using (), how can I get the report to show the below? It looks like Colors is for an exact match, and Calculated, not sure about.  (Sorry, in the EDIT window, the expired work item Constraint is Red, the next one is Yellow. This forum may not support that, so I have edited this request)

Id

Summary

Constraint Date

This has expired

01/01/2019( Cell=red)

This is about to expire within 60 days

12/05/2019 (Cell=yellow)

This item is in good shape

05/05/2020

3 answers

permanent link
Jackie Albert (1.6k14946) | answered Nov 14 '19, 10:55 a.m.

I don't think dynamic filtering in the Colors section is available today, but I would definitely vote for an RFE for this... it's something we would also use.

permanent link
Alex Vidziunas (112) | answered Nov 14 '19, 11:47 a.m.
Hey Mahari,

I agree with Jackie here in terms of the functionality not being available but I think I have a work around that might work for you:

1. Build a JRS report and add in a column for a custom expression that is pulling the date for your constraint date. The example I used was for the due date on a task work item.

2. Set the custom expression to:
 DAYS($Work Item:Due Date$)-DAYS(CURRENT_DATE)

3. Add in rules under the colors function to reflect what you need based on the value. Add priorities to them so that your red will be at 1 for values that are <= 0 and then yellow would be 2 for <= 60, etc.

Let me know if you have any questions, good luck and hope it helps!

Very Respectfully,
Alex

permanent link
Fariz Saracevic (904613) | answered Nov 15 '19, 10:56 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

JRS 7.0 is delivering multi-attribute support and it will be much simpler to create such reports. We are also providing support to choose a function when creating a customer expression via RB UI, similar what is shown by Alex. You can see preview in JRS 7.0 RC1 N&N https://jazz.net/pub/new-noteworthy/jrs/7.0/7.0/index.html#6 or test it on jazz.net self-host env.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.