It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

While performing queries in RTC can we sort "status" field which displays all states of work items by work item type ?

Mrudula Deshpande (113) | asked Nov 12 '19, 1:09 a.m.

While performing query we select state of work item from 'Status' Field(In Condition Field).  In the 'status' field states of all work items are present in alphabetical order. But I want to sort them by work item type. Is this possible?

One answer

permanent link
Anjuri Kelaiya (3726) | answered Nov 12 '19, 4:42 a.m.

Hi Mrudula

If you navigate to the "Column Display" field, on the right hand side you will see the option " Add sort column". 
Click on the plus icon for "Add sort column" and select  the attribute "type"  in the ascending order from the list of attributes.  Save and run the query again. 

Comments
Mrudula Deshpande commented Nov 12 '19, 5:42 a.m.

Thanks Anjuri. But still I am facing the same issue.  While performing query first you click on "Add Condition". In that condition if you want to add filter on states of work item then you select "Status"  option, where all states of all work items are listed in alphabetical order. I want to sort them by work item type. Is this possible?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.