It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[closed] Can you invoke the RQM automated test machinery from an RTC build?

Nancy Goldberg (111) | asked Nov 08 '19, 10:37 a.m.
closed Feb 19 '20, 8:48 a.m. by Muralidhar Rajagopal (10114)

Our DevOps project will be using the Jazz suite, version 6.0.5, which has Doors, Rational Team Concert, Rational Quality Manager and the Jazz Build Engine.  We are looking for a toolset that performs continuous integration.  By that, I mean automation to compile, validate, perform code review, unit test, AND integration testing.  I found a lot of information on how  RTC and the Jazz Build Engine performs continuous builds but not on the integration testing.  

So, can the out-of-box Jazz Suite perform continuous integration beyond the continuous build  that is described in RTC and the Jazz Build Engine?
I may have partial answers but can't get a clear picture of how this works. 
1.   I see that there may be a plug-in to Serenity from Rational Quality Manager.   Can  the integration tests from RQM be invoked automatically from RTC after a successful build?  If so how?  Is there an Ant script in the toolset? Do we have to write one?
2.  Does  the Serenity plug-in to RQM require extra cost or licensing? Can the Serenity tests be invoked automatically after a successful build?
3.  Is our only option for automated integration tests to use the Jenkins plug in? 

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Nov 08 '19, 12:15 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

A "build" can invoke any automated step, including compilation, validation, unit test, and integration test.   Whether or not it can perform code review depends on whether you mean some automated code review (which can be invoked as part of the build), or something a human does (which cannot). 

So you will want to clarify how you distinguish "continuous build" from "continuous integration".  
The specific question you raise appears to be whether you can invoke the RQM automated test machinery from an RTC build.  Is that right?  If so, you might want to revise your question statement, to make that clear.

The question has been closed for the following reason: "Other" by nrmuralidhar Feb 19 '20, 8:48 a.m.

One answer

permanent link
Muralidhar Rajagopal (10114) | answered Feb 19 '20, 8:48 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Marking this for closure -as there has been no further response on this forum question.