It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can we apply customized precondition and followup actions in requirement management and global configuration?

Andrew Ciaz (59160) | asked Nov 08 '19, 1:32 a.m.

Hi all,

I am trying to apply customized precondition in /rm and /gc project area but I am unable to see the precondition and followup menu in manage project area option.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Nov 08 '19, 4:14 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

For all I know, there is no SDK for any of the applications except RTC. So unfortunately you can only create custom extensions like that for RTC.

Andrew Ciaz selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Andrew Ciaz commented Nov 08 '19, 4:36 a.m.

@Ralph Schoon and @Thomas Kirstätter  Schoon thanks for your valuable reply, but when you open any /rm and /gc project in RTC client then, there you can see the the tab for process configuration and it allows you to apply preconditions and follow ups there and on web client does not support this option for /rm and /gc. This is ambiguous hence I posted the question 

Thomas Kirstätter commented Nov 08 '19, 4:36 a.m.

Andrew Ciaz commented Nov 08 '19, 4:40 a.m.

@Ralph Schoon, even for custom extensions, there no way to apply it using web client. Because when you open "Manage this project area" option, there is no menu for "Precondition and followup"

Thomas Kirstätter commented Nov 08 '19, 4:55 a.m.
for the interested reader, I found the following existing ERs that are to some extend target this topic:

This one is particularly interesting I think:
[RM] Workflow Post-action - Customization script

lets see if we can push this....

Ralph Schoon commented Nov 08 '19, 5:07 a.m. | edited Nov 08 '19, 8:21 a.m.

@Andrew

1. You are not supposed to open any of these projects in RTC. That you can is an oversight and only possible because all the applications are based on the same code base sharing the Jazz Foundations layer.
  2. No application, other than RTC, ships an SDK
  3. Just because you can see a menu and even configure something, does not mean you can customize it.

Andrew Ciaz commented Nov 11 '19, 3:50 a.m.

@Ralph Schoon got it. Thanks for your valuable guidance 

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

One other answer

permanent link
Thomas Kirstätter (181619) | answered Nov 08 '19, 4:14 a.m.
Hello, as to my knowledge, this is not supported in the same way like in RTC.
And I am as well see this as a major gap.
We currently use Widgets in the mini dashboard, but this does as well not allow to execute code based on actions in the standard tool UI.

I would still like to get some definite answer about it from IBM. Especially, if it is in principle possible to implement such a custom extension and hook them into the code in a different way.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Nov 08 '19, 4:17 a.m. | edited Nov 08 '19, 4:31 a.m.

Hi Tomas, I agree on your statement above and I would like to see this kind of SDK for the other applications. However, for all I know, at the moment there is no support for that available. I would like to see some support for it by customers. E.g. an enhancement request. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.