It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I link acceptance criteria to Test Script steps?

Sandra Falgout (111) | asked Nov 07 '19, 9:50 a.m.

I need to link test script steps to acceptance criteria. I also need to be able to do one-to-many linking with these acceptance criteria to user stories. The only place I have found for Acceptance Criteria is in a work item but it is just a text box. What is the best way to store the Acceptance Criteria such that each one can be linked to test cases, test scripts, user stories, and perhaps other items? 

My first thought was to put them in DNG, but I am not able to do so due to access restrictions. I am a new user and finding info on specific questions related to implementation has been difficult.

One answer

permanent link
abhishek gour (3812) | answered Nov 15 '19, 7:04 a.m.

Hi Sandra, 

I think Acceptance Criteria sort of belongs to Requirement Management category. DOORS Next ( DNG ) is fully capable and traceable with workflow management as well as quality management. 
So I think keeping the criteria in DNG and linking those with Test Artifacts (Test Cases, Test Script, from Quality Management ) and also to Work items ( from Work Item Management ) would be recommended way. This provide a well defined traceability from criteria to work item to tests. 

Thanks,
Abhishek

Comments
Sandra Falgout commented Nov 20 '19, 12:24 p.m.

Thanks, Abhishek. That was my initial thought and suggestion. However, we are not allowed to put the acceptance criteria in DNG, so I am seeking other options. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.