It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Link is not seen in the LINKS tab (Cross Project Linking)

AMEYA KALE (176) | asked Nov 07 '19, 7:45 a.m.
edited Nov 08 '19, 1:52 a.m.
GC is enabled.

Use case is as follows:-

There are two DNG project areas P1 and P2. One artifact  (artifact_1) is being create under P1. It has been linked to a test case T1. In P2, I am using 'Copy from component' and I selected (artifact_1) . So new artifact is being as (artifact_2).But when I open artifact_2, link tab seems empty,whereas in link  tab of  artifact_1 I am able to see the link.
So,is there any way to reflect the link which is seen in artifact_1 into artifact_2?

Comments
AMEYA KALE commented Nov 08 '19, 5:38 a.m.

Can anyone comment or respond to the above problem? 

Thomas Kirstätter commented Nov 08 '19, 3:53 p.m.
Hi I rather have some questions before I can answer:
- artifact_1 has a link to T1 so P1 and the PA of T1 have an association, I guess, is the same true for P2 and the PA of T1?
- Did you select "copy Links" checkbox in the "Copy from component" wizard?

2 answers

permanent link
AMEYA KALE (176) | answered Nov 11 '19, 1:53 a.m.

Absolutely, I selected "copy from component" from  P2 .Completing the process by selecting "include links". In P2 , I am not able see the link in the  "validated by" field.

In the above link ,it is mentioned that "Tell the CLM applications that you query links from LDX by setting the  supportLinkDiscoveryViaLinkIndexProvider  property to  yes  in your application's service provider documents."

But I am not able to figure out  where service provider documents are situated.

Comments
Thomas Kirstätter commented Nov 11 '19, 3:46 a.m.
Hello, afaik, these documents are configuration files on the Application Server, so I would assume that if it works for one PA on the server, it works for all PAs on the Server.

What about the project Area associations? Are they set for both RM PAs to the QM PA?

In addition to that, I did as well have some issues in the past that during copy operations not all links have been recreated correctly.

One additional check: On the testcase side, do you see links to both Requirements articact_1 and artifact_2?

AMEYA KALE commented Nov 11 '19, 4:39 a.m.

Hi,appreciate for a quick response. Could you tell the path for the configuration files which are on the Application server. I am not able to locate these documents.Moreover, I am working on a local environment.

Project Area Associations are set for both RM and QM environment.

In QM ,I am only able see the link of artifact_1 to that of the test case T1 in the "requirement link" section . No additional links are visible. Links  section of artifact_2 is empty.

AMEYA KALE commented Nov 11 '19, 4:41 a.m. | edited unknown

Hi,appreciate for a quick response. Could you tell the path for the configuration files which are on the Application server. I am not able to locate these documents.Moreover, I am working on a local environment.

Project Area Associations are set for both RM and QM environment.

In QM ,I am only able see the link of artifact_1 to that of the test case T1 in the "requirement link" section . No additional links are visible. Links  section of artifact_2 is empty. 

Thomas Kirstätter commented Nov 11 '19, 4:50 a.m.
so I believe this Server config is fine, as it works for P1, these configs are not PA specific, but server wide... (And I do as well not kno where those files are exactly located...

As you cannot see 2 links on the testcase in RQM, It seems that the creation of the link did not work. perhaps you should check the  RM, QM+GC log file to see if there is any entry... further than that I am not able to assist I believe....

AMEYA KALE commented Nov 11 '19, 5:38 a.m.

Sure I will check the logs If I can get any hints. 

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Nov 11 '19, 5:03 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

My understanding is, that you do not set any of these values in any of the service provider documents. The article seems to be talking about a custom application that tries implementing the OASIS spec. 

I do not think you can simply change the documents either. If you are in doubt, contact support.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.