It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Jazz authorization server setup

Don Max (241330) | asked Oct 21 '19, 2:34 a.m.
edited Oct 21 '19, 2:36 a.m.
Hello All,

Can we use one Jazz Authorization server for multiple CLM instances?
Is there any compatibility matrix for JAS and CLM applications?
If single JAS can be shared by different CLM instance, Can we have JAS on different version and CLM on different version ?  

Please suggest.

Thanks.

One answer

permanent link
Ian Wark (79713450) | answered Oct 23 '19, 8:46 p.m.
I don't know if you can use one Jazz Authorization server for multiple CLM instances. I'm tempted to say no, as none of the documentation explains such a scenario. But I can't find a definitive stance. You can use one JAS for one set of Jazz Team Server, Change and Configuration Management, Data Collection Component, Global Configuration Management, Quality Management, Rational Engineering Lifecycle Manager, and Requirements Management. (Basically the whole suite of CLM applications.)

However.. when you consider what it would mean.. if your JAS was not working for some reason.. all of your CLM instances would be system down. Which is why there is the opposite. See below to create a cluster of Jazz Authorization Servers for a single CLM instance.

Regarding compatibility matrix there is. Basically the Jazz Team Server and any applications that will be enabled for JAS SSO must be at version 6.0 or above. To enable with Report Builder and LQE see below:

You can check the detailed compatibility matrix e.g. here:

Look under Prerequisites tab > Identity Management and click View to see details of the different options. It shows JAS.

I think your JAS should be at the same version as your JTS and then the other applications in your CLM deployment need to be able to talk to that JTS, so just like with any other CLM deployment you can have some applications at slightly different versions (all above 6.0).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.