It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

While performing queries in RTC can we group "status" by work item type ?

Mrudula Deshpande (113) | asked Oct 18 '19, 1:24 a.m.

When performing queries and looking for particular work item states, would it be possible to group these statuses by the work item type rather than alphabetically? 

One answer

permanent link
Parameswaran V (10016) | answered Oct 20 '19, 2:26 p.m.

Hi Mrudula,

If your question is specific to 'Work Item Query' then within the 'column Display' Tab - use the 'Sort Order'.
Within that, use 'Type' - and select the sort order.

Regards,
Param

Comments
Mrudula Deshpande commented Oct 22 '19, 2:07 a.m.

Thank you Parameswaran. But I want to sort 'Status' field in query. So user can easily get all states of one work item together to perform query.

Parameswaran V commented Oct 22 '19, 5:54 a.m. | edited Oct 22 '19, 5:55 a.m.

Probably, i am bit unclear - what you meant by ' All state of one work item together'.  Because, one work item can have only one state - at an instance.

Mrudula Deshpande commented Oct 24 '19, 2:58 a.m. | edited Oct 24 '19, 3:07 a.m.

While performing query we select state of work item from 'Status' Field(In Condition Field).  In the 'status' field states of all work items are present in alphabetical order. But I want to sort them by work item type. Is this possible?

Mrudula Deshpande commented Nov 11 '19, 3:26 a.m.

Can anyone suggest on this? 

Kevin Ramer commented Nov 12 '19, 1:23 p.m. | edited Nov 12 '19, 1:26 p.m.
Chances are about 98.7% that the Status is sorted, but by its internal ID.   I would not recommend any attempt to alter those ID as it will create one fantastic nightmarish mess.   If you really want the status names sorted, you'll have to do that external to RTC.  i.e. export the result as a worksheet file and use the facilities of Excel, Open Office or whatever application is at your disposal.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.