It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Cross Project Plan - See Child Items from linked plan?

Glyn Costello (13637) | asked Oct 16 '19, 6:16 a.m.
Hi, 

Please help. I cannot figure out how to see the child work items of linked plan items from a cross-project plan. 

e.g. as a WBS:

I want to see the "child" items from the "Master" Project Area. However, all I can see is the top level plan item, even with "Include children from other plans" set to 3 Levels. 

"Master" Project Area
  - Tracker Work Item (Tracks "Plan Item" in Sub Project Area)

"Sub" Project Area 
  - Top Level Plan item 
      - Child Plan Item
          - Child Work Item (execution item)

In terms of iterations, the sub project area has a timeline, a phase plan and an execution plan. I've tried a number of configurations of where to plan the items in the sub-project plan but nothing seems to work. Even when they're all in the same iteration and iteration plan, whether phase or execution. I've made sure to create the planned snapshots. 

I'm stumped!

Comments
Ian Wark commented Oct 17 '19, 4:00 a.m. | edited Oct 17 '19, 4:03 a.m.
I can reproduce (I think) what you describe. I have an Epic --> Story --> Task in SubPA and my tracking work item in the cross project plan just added the Epic. I have changed the Project Schedule view and selected "3 Levels" in "Include children from other plans:" I'm using 6.0.6.1 iFix002. Let me check if I can find an existing defect for this.

Cross Project Plan

Glyn Costello commented Oct 17 '19, 4:38 a.m.

Thank you for recreating it.  

One answer

permanent link
Ian Wark (79713550) | answered Oct 20 '19, 11:28 p.m.
I have created a defect work item for this, since I can reproduce and I think this might be a defect.

Cross product plan does not display child work items of linked plan items

Comments
Ian Wark commented Oct 21 '19, 8:53 p.m.

This is working as designed. Please see the work item for comments from Vladimir. Essentially, child work items are not displayed. It displays the tree of tracks-linked work items.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.