It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do you get links to appear on the link tab in the RTC Web Client Source Control for Repository Files?

Celia Bengel (1113) | asked Oct 09 '19, 7:45 a.m.
edited Oct 13 '19, 3:32 p.m. by Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035)

This question is limited to the use for the RTC Web Client for Source Control.

We are trying to determine how to link a RTC source control repository files using the RTC Web Client.  

In the RTC Web Client - Source Control - Repository Files, there is a Links tab.  We cannot figure out how to get a link to display on this tab.  Is there a link type or association that needs to be setup?

I've search for  help on this topic.  Most of what I find is for the eclipse client and not the RTC Web Client.

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Oct 13 '19, 3:35 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Note:  I have modified this question, because it was asking about linking a work item to a source controlled file, which is not what the Links tab shows ... it shows links between source controlled files and other versioned artifacts, such as other source controlled files, test cases, or requirements.   (a work item is not a versioned artifact).

Celia Bengel commented Oct 14 '19, 7:56 a.m.

Geoffrey,

Thank you. This is  helpful.  One last question.  I don't see any way in the Web Clients to link a source control file to a requirement or test case.  

My work items are linked requirements and test cases, but they do  not appear on the links tab.  I'm assuming the link be made directly to the versioned artifacts (requirement or test case).  I'm not seeing any way directly in RTC, RDNG or RQM to perform this action.

I'm assuming this is possibly something that can be done from the eclipse client.  Am I correct?

Thanks you,

Celia

T

Geoffrey Clemm commented Oct 14 '19, 4:10 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

That is correct ... it can be done only from the Eclipse client. 

2 answers

permanent link
Celia Bengel (1113) | answered Oct 10 '19, 7:15 a.m.

David,

This is supporting what I am finding.  I found the link above earlier.   All the documentation I find shows the linking from the eclipse client and not the  RTC Web Client.

We have clients restricted to only the WebUI linking - which is to the change set at time of updating (or on the history tab after the change set is created)   These links do not show up on the links tab.

Thank you for your response.

Celia

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Oct 09 '19, 9:24 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
This links tab was added for the 'file traceability links' feature added in RTC 6.0.3.

The help doc explaining how to add links can be seen here:

A video which discusses this feature can be seen here:

The WebUI Links tab will show the links once they exist, however it cannot be used currently to 'create' a link.

Also, I do not think it supports linking a file to a work item (but you can try the steps to verify that).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.