It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Report Builder : examples required.

khouri joelle (1316) | asked Oct 09 '19, 4:43 a.m.
edited Oct 09 '19, 5:38 a.m. by Muralidhar Rajagopal (10114)

Hello,

I would like to know is I can find examples or precise documentation about Report Builder, I have found a general training document on IBM support site, but it is not enough and not so explicit for complex reports.​

I would like to export a list of the keywords with the reference to the associated Test Scripts (Those where they are used).

I have created the request but my problem now is how can I do to present it without multiple lines?

How can I group the lines so that appears only in the table report something like that :

KW 1​                            TS1

TS2

KW2                             TS1

KW3                             TS2

TS3

TS4

And so on.

Thanks for help.

One answer

permanent link
Kathryn Fryer (503147) | answered Oct 12 '19, 10:02 p.m.
There are topics in the Knowledge Center on authoring reports in Report Builder, and links/pointers to other articles and tutorials:
(Those links are to latest version; you can check your product online help for the topics for the version you have.)

For your specific question, try adding a sort value on the Keyword field on the Format Results page. That should group the results by keyword.
You mention exporting -- are you exporting the results to Excel? The sorting/grouping is done by the RB UI only, it doesn't change the data; so if you export the results to Excel, you will see the duplicate lines again.
Hope that helps.
Kathryn

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.