It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Report Builder : examples required.

khouri joelle (1316) | asked Oct 09 '19, 4:43 a.m.
edited Oct 09 '19, 5:38 a.m. by Muralidhar Rajagopal (10114)

Hello,

I would like to know is I can find examples or precise documentation about Report Builder, I have found a general training document on IBM support site, but it is not enough and not so explicit for complex reports.​

I would like to export a list of the keywords with the reference to the associated Test Scripts (Those where they are used).

I have created the request but my problem now is how can I do to present it without multiple lines?

How can I group the lines so that appears only in the table report something like that :

KW 1​                            TS1

TS2

KW2                             TS1

KW3                             TS2

TS3

TS4

And so on.

Thanks for help.

One answer

permanent link
Kathryn Fryer (503147) | answered Oct 12 '19, 10:02 p.m.
There are topics in the Knowledge Center on authoring reports in Report Builder, and links/pointers to other articles and tutorials:
(Those links are to latest version; you can check your product online help for the topics for the version you have.)

For your specific question, try adding a sort value on the Keyword field on the Format Results page. That should group the results by keyword.
You mention exporting -- are you exporting the results to Excel? The sorting/grouping is done by the RB UI only, it doesn't change the data; so if you export the results to Excel, you will see the duplicate lines again.
Hope that helps.
Kathryn

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.