It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Getting error "Must not discard from initial baseline" while associate work item with change set.

Snehal Yendhe (15130) | asked Sep 24 '19, 12:53 p.m.

Hi Team,

I am using CLM 6.0.6
I want to associate work item with a change set.
After associating work item with a change set when I clicked on save button I received below error message,
Error : "Must not discard from initial baseline".
Please assist me.

One answer

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Sep 24 '19, 1:51 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Sep 24 '19, 1:52 p.m.
This error comes up when you perform a 'Discard' action on the very first change set of a component. (i.e. the first change set contains the addition of the 'component root folder'. Ex: If you inspect the change set in the 'Change Summary' view in Eclipse, it will contain nothing other than the addition of a folder with no name (+ '/'), which is the component root - where all future files/folders exist under it). I have to admit the message is a little strange, however this likely never gets hit often as users do not normally discard this change set.

I cannot answer your question as to how you are getting this warning message if you are simply associating a change set to a work item. Can you give a more detailed step-by-step play of exactly what you are doing (I'm sure there's something that's missed). Perhaps you have some custom 'Save Work Item' follow up action installed on the server, or there is some other Asynchronous Task on the server doing 'strange' things....
(by the way, are you associating this first change set to a work item? if so why?).

Comments
Snehal Yendhe commented Sep 25 '19, 4:37 a.m.

Hi 

Thanks for the information
I am following below steps:
1. Open one stream
2. Under that stream open one component
3  Attached one text file or create folder under that component.
4. Put Comment in comment section
5. Associate Work Item
6. click on save button
After clicked on save button getting error.  

David Lafreniere commented Sep 25 '19, 9:59 a.m.

Is this done in the web UI?

Snehal Yendhe commented Sep 26 '19, 1:53 a.m.

yes, on web UI I am getting this error.  

Snehal Yendhe commented Sep 26 '19, 7:54 a.m.

we have migrated database from SQL to Oralce and performed server rename, after that I am able to use CCM application normally but I am getting error while creating change set.

David Lafreniere commented Sep 26 '19, 12:48 p.m.
Sorry, I tried this scenario and can't reproduce it. I also don't see a code path where delivery (adding a file in a stream) or associating a change set to a work item would result in the 'Discard' server API being called. The only explanation I have is that the server has custom preconditions/follow-up actions on either the 'deliver' or 'associate change set to work item' operations in which the code is triggering a discard somewhere.
Other than that I would suggest opening a ticket with support and going through that route so they can work with you to investigate the situation more.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.