It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Programmatic Creation of Work Items

Claus Stuemke (1111) | asked Nov 06 '09, 5:23 a.m.
Hi,

I try to generate some Work Items by a script. I found an interesting wiki entry about it:
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/ProgrammaticWorkItemCreation

But I am unable to find any javadoc about the used libraries. :(

The Problem I am sticking right now is to set the "Found In" field. Therefore I need to get the deliverables, defined by my project. But I do not know how to define the second and third parameter of the method "findDeliverablesByProjectArea" of class IWorkItemClient :cry:

Boolen - whats the information behind. arg2 is not an meaningful name
ItemProfile<IDeliverable> - Where can I get it? Do II need to implement the Interface?

Thanks ind advance,
Claus

5 answers

permanent link
Marcel Bihr, Jazz Work Item team (1.4k) | answered Nov 09 '09, 3:05 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Claus
The second parameter (includeArchived) can be used (when set to 'true') to also include archived deliverables (e.g. those that are not in use any more - this can be configured on the Releases tab in the project area editor). On creation of work items you most likely only want non-archived deliverables.
You can get the itemprofile from IDeliverable.DEFAULT_PROFILE. I think the default profile includes all fields that are relevant.

Regards

Marcel
Jazz Work Item team

permanent link
Claus Stuemke (1111) | answered Nov 09 '09, 3:11 a.m.
Hi Claus
The second parameter (includeArchived) can be used (when set to 'true') to also include archived deliverables (e.g. those that are not in use any more - this can be configured on the Releases tab in the project area editor). On creation of work items you most likely only want non-archived deliverables.
You can get the itemprofile from IDeliverable.DEFAULT_PROFILE. I think the default profile includes all fields that are relevant.

Regards

Marcel
Jazz Work Item team

Hi Marcel,

Thanks for your quick reply. Is there any javadoc for this libraries? Often the parameters just called arg1 arg2 ...

Regrads,
Claus

permanent link
Marcel Bihr, Jazz Work Item team (1.4k) | answered Nov 09 '09, 3:28 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Claus
Unfortunately the javadoc coverage is not very high (some methods are javadoc-ed, but not all). However in the source, the parameters have meaningful names. If you see arg1 and arg2 this is a sign that you do not have the source attached for the SDK.

Regards

Marcel
Jazz Work Item team

permanent link
Claus Stuemke (1111) | answered Nov 09 '09, 4:20 a.m.
Where can I get/attach the sources?

Regards,
Claus

permanent link
Marcel Bihr, Jazz Work Item team (1.4k) | answered Nov 09 '09, 6:22 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RTCSDK20_DevelopmentEnvironmentSetup should get you started...

Regards

Marcel
Jazz Work Item team

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.