It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why cannot I assigned "owned by" to a user from a team area?

Franca Zober (1512) | asked Sep 24 '19, 2:36 a.m.

Hi

I am really struggling with the user / access right management in rational team concert.

So I have a project area. And I have Team Area inside that one. I have user XYZ who is member of the Team Area.

No, I create an item in the project area and that items uses the "owned by" built in attribute. When I want to select a user, I only get shown the users defined directly on the project area, but not the users from the team areas of that project area. Why not?

If I load the name of the team area user in that field, I get the error note that "The selected value is not applicable".

Happy for any hint what I need to change to be able to allocated any project area items to team area members as owners.

Kind regards,

Franca

2 answers

permanent link
Matt Muller (59813274) | answered Sep 24 '19, 7:21 a.m.
edited Sep 24 '19, 7:27 a.m.

Yes,  Categories >Connected> Team area see below

The following figure shows the basic workflow for setting up a project area. The boxes in the figure are links to corresponding topics that describe each task in detail. For example, click the Create project area box to open the Create project area topic

(you may wish to select the correct version which you are using)

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_6.0.4/com.ibm.team.concert.doc/topics/t_getstarted_projectadmin.html

This figure is a workflow diagram that shows the following project
administrator tasks: Create project area, Create timelines and iterations,
Create team areas, Create work item categories, Add members, Assign
roles to members, Assign administrative privileges, Configure read
access, and Configure operation preconditions.

permanent link
Matt Muller (59813274) | answered Sep 24 '19, 4:19 a.m.

Hi Franca,

Have you setup a Category?  Aligned to the Team

Matt

Comments
Franca Zober commented Sep 24 '19, 6:47 a.m.

No I haven't. Are the categories needed?

Ralph Schoon commented Sep 24 '19, 7:20 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The categories are used to select which team is responsible. They are not needed, but if you don't have them, the work item does not know which team they belong to and will be in the project area context.

I do not understand "The selected value is not applicable". I can select (search) and assign a user that is not even a member of the project or team area.

What are the settings for the Project Areas Access Control? Do you use Restricted access or something?  

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.