It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Does an RDF URI address have to be real web address?

Ben Sharples (812758) | asked Sep 20 '19, 4:22 p.m.
I'm starting to use Global Configurations and components, and as result I want to be able to create links between aritfacts in different components.

I understand that now I have to make sure the link type I want to use exists in both components and also has to have the RDF URI set such that is a unique value in the form of web URL.

Whilst I can easily define unique URI and follow the required format (i.e. http://something.com/linkname), my question is does it matter that the web address is not real and wouldn't resolve if you copied it into a web browser.

2 answers

permanent link
Bas Bekker (1.4k4) | answered Sep 21 '19, 1:16 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
No, they don't have to resolve to an existing web address.
The RDF URI is used to match the link types in the different components, you can see is as an URI alias, or the term same-as is used.

permanent link
Adrian Haw (2641041) | answered Sep 26 '19, 10:49 a.m.
edited Sep 26 '19, 10:51 a.m.
Be aware of RDF URI rules though (violating the rules can bring you grief), such as:

o    Does not contain spaces

o    Does not end in a trailing slash

o    Does not use the local RM server name

o    The last segment of the URI does not contain only numbers

o    The last segment of the URI does not contain only non-alphabetical characters

o    The final character of the URI is a letter, number, hyphen, period, or underscore

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.