It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

SWT Inspector

Param S (2710) | asked Sep 11 '19, 12:33 p.m.
I am trying to research custom menus for Eclipse 6.0.5 plugin.

Is there any SWT inspector that is compliant with Java SE 1.6, 1.7? I tried using YARI - SWT Inspector plugin, but it fails to load as it instantiates using Java 1.9.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Sep 12 '19, 4:52 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You should ask on the Eclipse forums: https://www.eclipse.org/forums/ this is not a RTC question. YARI seems to be deprecated and I have not looked at other tools for a while.

Param S selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Param S commented Oct 21 '19, 1:56 p.m.

Greeting to all!

I downloaded the files from http://svn.code.sf.net/p/yari/code/trunk/YariUpdateSite/ and was able to set up SWT Inspector.

One other answer

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Sep 11 '19, 2:41 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I don't know the answer to your specific question, but it sounds like it has nothing to do with RTC.
You might have better luck asking this question in an Eclipse forum.

In the meantime, you can try using the Eclipse built-in tools such as:

-"Plug-in Selection Spy" by using ALT+SHIFT+F1. This will let you know the view class and 'id' (in case you need to add actions to specific views, and even the selected object class type.

-"Plug-in Menu Spy" by using ALT+SHIFT+F2, and then right-clicking on a node in view, and then left clicking-to select a context menu action. This will tell you the 'id' of the action/contribution item, the menu id, and contributing class and plugin.

Comments
Param S commented Oct 21 '19, 1:56 p.m.

Thank you David. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.