It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

how to find the snapshots containing a input component

akshay p (15116) | asked Aug 27 '19, 7:40 a.m.
for example, I have a component A which is present in stream1 , stream 2 and snapshot1.
I can get to know the streams having component A by OSLC API :findWorkspacesContainingComponent.

Similarly I want to find out which all snaps having component A programatically.

One answer

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Aug 27 '19, 10:03 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Aug 29 '19, 2:14 p.m.
I don't think we have REST/OSLC API for this. We do have server side-API, see:
IScmQueryService.findBaselineSetsUsing(IComponentHandle comp, IRepositoryProgressMonitorHandle progress)  (Note: It's marked as deprecated, but it still currently available for use - otherwise you'd have to write your own queries which would be a little harder to do vs just calling this API).

Comments
akshay p commented Aug 29 '19, 9:58 a.m.
whats the difference between using server side API and rest oslc API.
I am currently using server side API given by you, but its taking huge amount of time.

David Lafreniere commented Aug 29 '19, 10:47 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
To be honest, I'm not sure what you were referring to when you mentioned "OSLC API :findWorkspacesContainingComponent". I did a search for the string 'findWorkspacesContainingComponent' in the code and didn't find any references, so not sure which API you were using for that.
The Java API is the recommended way to write your custom code (extensions/plugins, etc.). So you should be able to find everything you are looking for in 2 of our main API interfaces IScmService and IScmQueryService (and of course the other API is on the interfaces for the various SCM items)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.