It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQMWordImporter self referential links

Fabian Weiss (155) | asked Aug 26 '19, 4:01 a.m.

Hi all,

I have a problem with the self referential links.

I have a Word document with testcases and testscripts (1:1). Alternating the testcase is listed and after that the testscript.

I parse the document with dynamic tables Table("XXX")  / Table("YYY"). If I doesn't link testscripts and testcases everything is ok. But if I set a referential link (testscript.dc:title=testcase.dc:title) the additional data (testcase.Section...) of testcase is always from the following testcase, not from current. So testscript and testcase are deferred.

Reproducable by using Sample "Multiple test scripts in Tables.doc" with "Test script in tables.cfg" and changing the Tables from "Table(1)" to "Table("Project Name")" and "Table(2)" to "Table("Step #")2. So the sections in exported XML are not correct.

Is this a bug in Parser or is there a way to do it correct?

Best regards, Fabian

One answer

permanent link
Mehul Patel (9695) | answered Dec 02 '19, 12:04 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR

Fabian,

This seems a bug in parser, I added code to link test script with test case in 'Multiple test scripts in Tables.cfg', generated output was different in few properties rather than just change in linking.

Regards,
Mehul

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.