It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to see the custom attribute in RTC client (6.0.6.1)

Narasimha Murthy (111) | asked Aug 22 '19, 2:36 p.m.
retagged Sep 13 '19, 4:06 p.m. by Ken Tessier (84117)

a) is there any way to see the custom attribute in RTC Client UI when I set through LSCM command line.
b) can we add some attributes/display attributes  through  "jazz SCM properties"

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Aug 23 '19, 3:17 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Aug 23 '19, 3:19 a.m.

The custom attributes were introduced to provide the capability to store information for custom automation. There is no UI available. 

Note that there are also SCM User properties that are accessible in the properties of a file (Jazz SCM>User Properties).

Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Narasimha Murthy commented Aug 26 '19, 2:26 a.m.

Thanks for the reply.

can you eloborate where to see the Jazz SCM>User Properties. We are using RTC 6.0.1 and integrated with Eclipse 4.8 pkg.

David Lafreniere commented Aug 26 '19, 9:02 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
To see/modify 'user properties' on a file in the RTC Eclipse client do this:
-Right-click on the file in the Package Explorer / Navigator view
-Select 'Properties'
-Expand 'Jazz Source Control' / 'User Properties'

Additional Information:
-Custom attributes on files can only be seen/modified using the command line client (CLI).
-As of RTC 6.0.6, custom attributes on streams can be seen/modified in the Stream editor in the RTC Eclipse client (previously only the CLI could be used)
-As of RTC 6.0.6.1, custom attributes on snapshotscan be seen/modified in the Snapshot editor in the RTC Eclipse client (previously only the CLI could be used)
-As of RTC 6.0.7, custom attributes on baselines can be seen/modified in the Baseline editor in the RTC Eclipse client (previously only the CLI could be used)

Ralph Schoon commented Sep 09 '19, 8:52 a.m.

Thanks David!

As of today

then

Narasimha Murthy commented Sep 17 '19, 7:43 a.m.

With this approach I am able to add the property of the file.

One query with this approach I have. Could you please provide your inputs.
1. By adding/modifying the Property it is updating the file version. 
is there any way to restrict, not to update the file version for adding/modify/deleting of the property 

Ralph Schoon commented Sep 17 '19, 8:57 a.m. | edited Sep 17 '19, 9:03 a.m.

RTC source control user properties always require a change to be done and a new version of the file and change set to check in and to deliver the change.  

RTC source control attributes can be defined to allow modification without requiring a file change and a change set. 

Geoffrey Clemm commented Sep 17 '19, 12:56 p.m.

I believe the creation/modification/deletion of a file attribute never causes a file change, and never requires a change set. 

Ralph Schoon commented Sep 18 '19, 1:14 a.m.

Geoff, my summary was, that we have 

• SCM user properties that always require change set to change
  • SCM custom attributes that do not need a new version to be set, provided the attribute is configured to be changeable

Geoffrey Clemm commented Sep 18 '19, 1:43 a.m.

My comment was just to make sure that the phrase "can be defined to allow modification without requiring a file change and a change set" was not interpreted as "you are allowed to specify in the file attribute definition whether it requires a file change and change set to be modified".  

showing 5 of 8 show 3 more comments

One other answer

permanent link
Narasimha Murthy (111) | answered Sep 10 '19, 3:07 a.m.

Thanks David and Ralph Schoon .

Similar to Adding/modifying User Properties,  if it would have supported custom attributes it would be nice.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Sep 10 '19, 3:22 a.m.

The Enhancement Request Community is open and accessible for everyone.

BTW: The main purpose for all these means to store information was custom automation. So the assumption was that custom code would make the information available.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.