It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I roll up / calculate dates based on in items linked "contributors"

Franca Zober (1512) | asked Aug 22 '19, 9:10 a.m.

Hi,

I have a task with date fields StartDate and EndDate. The task has subtasks linked via contributes/tracks. The subtasks also has StartDate and EndDate.

How can I make the "parent" task to automatically have the earliest date from it's "child" tasks StartDates in its own StartDate and for EndDate vice versa?

Hence:

Task1 StartDate: 1/1/1900 EndDate: 1/12/1900

\- tracks -> Task2 StartDate: 1/1/1900 EndDate 1/9/1900

\- tracks -> Task3 StartDate: 3/3/1900 EndDate 1/12/1900

StartDate and EndDate of Task1 should be automatically caluclated/rolled up.

Thanks for any hints.

Franca

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Aug 23 '19, 3:24 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

https://jazz.net/library/article/1152 explains what the tracks links are for. 

There s no roll-up capability I am aware of for tracks links.  The start and end date are not work item attributes and not accessible with the work item API. Because of that and some other constraints, I am not aware that this would even possible to create this as an extension. 

Comments
Franca Zober commented Aug 24 '19, 1:41 a.m.

does it change for parent child relations?

Ralph Schoon commented Sep 09 '19, 8:32 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

No. There are planning capabilities that can show a road map and do that for tracks and parent child links to some extent. This is all calculated live and there is no roll up done. 

For real attributes things like https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2012/07/31/rtc-update-parent-duration-estimation-and-effort-participant/ can be done. I do not think the dates you refer to are available as such. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.