It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Build notifications - team getting emails

Norman Dignard (356688167) | asked Aug 14 '19, 9:39 a.m.

RTC 605 ifix14.  

it appears that all users in one of our RTC projects are getting email notifications on build events which they have no interest in getting.
The build definitions do not have any notifications rules defined/enabled yet all users keep getting notifications. 
There is no option to disable such notifications in the users profile, so why is everyone getting them?

Is this a bug or some reverse logic in that all users get the build notifications unless the notification is defined in the build definition?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Aug 14 '19, 9:48 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Aug 14 '19, 9:48 a.m.

Did you look into the project areas Process Configuration>Configuration Data>Build>Email Notification and verified that there is nothing configured?

Comments
Norman Dignard commented Aug 14 '19, 10:37 a.m.

Yes i did and its "unconfigured" hence my "reverse logic" question  

Ralph Schoon commented Aug 15 '19, 2:19 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I would assume if no build notification is specified in the process and also not on the build definition, no build notifications are sent. 

Is the project areas sharing the process from another project area that defines build notification?

Consider opening an case with support.  

Norman Dignard commented Aug 16 '19, 12:46 p.m.

It looks like this was a one time glitch.

<o:p> </o:p>

The email issue occurred the same time we had a power bump that took down our proxy server where all our Jazz comms pass through.  During this event jazz could not get licenses from our license server. I suspect due to this the email was using some default behavior as opposed to any build notifications (which are not enabled). <o:p> </o:p>

<o:p>   </o:p>

We have not seen a similar occurrence since then. <o:p> </o:p>

<o:p>   </o:p>

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.