It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Continuous Development in RTC

Rakesh A (33430) | asked Aug 14 '19, 1:42 a.m.
retagged Aug 19 '19, 2:02 p.m. by Michael Afshar (7014)
Hello,
    I want to adapt the Continuous Development  process / features available in RTC. Let me explain the scenario : My team has a Release Stream & Development Stream. Developers are working on Development Stream. After QA checks final code is ready & base-lined (baseline / Snapshot) in Development Stream. Now I want the base-lined code to be moved to Release Stream.

I know this can be achieved through Flow Connections. But I don't feel this is completely CD.

How can the system automatically detect these changes done in Development Stream and move the changes to Release Stream ?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Aug 14 '19, 2:21 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You explain continuous development and how it should work in any system. So I feel this is completely CD.

There are various mechanisms that could be used to automate certain steps, if needed.

The reason why, by default, flow target would be used, is to have control about what ends up on a release stream and you don't want automation that is not conscious and can not think about should this happen. 

Here some suggestions: https://jazz.net/library/article/649

It is possible to use a post build deliver to automatically deliver to a stream if the build succeeded. There are other automation options as well.

Rakesh A selected this answer as the correct answer

3 other answers

permanent link
Rakesh A (33430) | answered Aug 14 '19, 5:19 a.m.
edited Aug 14 '19, 5:19 a.m.
Thank you Ralph..
Could you also give me some hints on other options of automation that are available apart from above mentioned ones ?
Also I read on IBM blogs, using ANT Builds & ANT scripts there are possibility to perform.  I just got the flavors in IBM pages but I didn't find more documentations. Would be helpful if you could share link for this as well.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Aug 14 '19, 8:12 a.m.
edited Aug 20 '19, 1:00 a.m.

permanent link
Rakesh A (33430) | answered Aug 16 '19, 3:15 a.m.
 I am trying Post-Deliver option. But even after my builds are successful, the components are not delivered to target Stream. I am sure my configuration is correct. 

Configuration: I have JBE & Trigger Policy is set to "Delivery Always" (also tried 'Deliver if no errors'). Build is requested from RTC build definition with my user id and I am the rights for that Project & Stream.

Can you give some hints to solve this ?

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Aug 20 '19, 1:02 a.m.

If your configuration is correct and there is no error message, it is a mystery.

Note the "Post Build Deliver" is not actually a deliver operation.  As far as I can tell, it replaces the component baselines on the components in the target stream with the baselines from the repository workspace/stream used in the build.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.