It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I retrieve the ID of a custom section for a test plan?

Timothy Distel (73146) | asked Aug 13 '19, 1:04 p.m.
edited Aug 13 '19, 1:10 p.m.

Hello, I am using CLM Suite 6.0.6.

I am trying to build a template in RPE to pull text from custom rich text sections of a test plan. Almost everything I've found on this topic points back to this thread: https://jazz.net/forum/questions/89659/print-custom-section-in-rqm-using-rpe

In working through the first steps for the solution, (in Collin's 'completed' comment) Collin points out that you must find the ID of the custom sections and provides a URI which should return that information in step 3. When I preview this URI in rpe launcher on a test plan that was created from a test plan template with the desired sections and has no text inserted, I get xml returned. When I access this URI on the same test plan but with text added in the custom sections, the data preview only returns the text that was added to those sections, but no xml on the test plan artifact, any artifacts associated with the test plan or the custom sections themselves that I'm interested in. Because there's no xml, I have no section IDs to reference for the solution. Am I missing something? 

One answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k15) | answered Aug 20 '19, 12:43 a.m.

You need to download stylesheet.xml to discover grid section name. Access the following in any browser or REST client:
https://<host>:<port>/qm/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/<projectAlias>/testplan/urn:com.ibm.rqm:testplan:<id>?stylesheet=true

In the output, you can find the id of your custom grid section. For example, com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.dynamicGridSection_123456789 is the id if the XML contains  
<ns4:section id="com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.dynamicGridSection_123456789" name="Custom Grid Section"/>

After this, you need to add your custom section definition into qm schema.
Feel free to ask if you need assistance with the next steps.

Cheers!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.