It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Jazz - Export TC to excel

Luis Sanviti (152) | asked Aug 13 '19, 10:31 a.m.

I am using Jazz and I would like to export some test cases into an excel file. How can I do this?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Miles Thompson (1824) | answered Aug 13 '19, 10:52 a.m.

Hi Luis,

As of RQM 6, the best way to do this is through Jazz Reporting Service (JRS). You can access it from RQM by clicking on Reports and going to Report Builder. Once you create your report and run it, you'll be able to export it into Excel. In fact, you can even make it a "Live" excel sheet with a macro that automatically updates the test cases whenever you refresh it.

Fair warning though, sometimes not every attribute makes it into JRS correctly. For example, Link Validity (is the requirement to test case link valid?) doesn't seem to import correctly right now.

- Miles

Luis Sanviti selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Luis Sanviti (152) | answered Aug 14 '19, 5:15 a.m.
 Hi Miles,
thank you very much for your answer. 
I am getting a little bit more ambitios. Is there any way I can export the test steps?
Thanks a lot.
Luis

permanent link
Miles Thompson (1824) | answered Aug 14 '19, 12:27 p.m.

Hi Luis,

You can get the steps in JRS, too. Starting with a Quality Management artifact such as Test Case, you can then reference a Test Script and then reference a Test Step. Remember to add the Test Step number to the attributes so that you can sort by Test Case or Test Script and then sort by Test Step number. Otherwise, the steps may be out of order.

In JRS, you make a report export ALL test steps for ALL test cases at once, but you may have a preference to design a single report for each test case in which case it only has the steps. There are a variety of options between ALL and one, so it's really up to what you want to do.

Good luck!
- Miles

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.