It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Spring Tool Suite 4.3.1 & RTC-Client-p2Repo 6.0.6.1

Brian Kates (111) | asked Aug 01 '19, 12:42 p.m.

I'm getting an exception in STS when I try to create a repository connection and I'm getting the following exception:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/http/impl/client/WinHttpClients
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RemoteTeamServer.isWindowsAuthAvailable(RemoteTeamServer.java:2679)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.login.AbstractLoginInfo.isWindowsAuthPossible(AbstractLoginInfo.java:31)

Is there anything I can do to fix my current install?  If not, which versions of Eclipse / STS are compatible with the RTC plugin?

One answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Aug 05 '19, 8:12 p.m.
I am not familiar with STS. You may consider to have Eclipse with the Spring IDE plugin and then RTC-Client-p2Repo 6.0.6.1 to the same Eclipse. For v6.0.6.1, the supported Eclipse run time can be found from system requirement:

(prerequisite > Eclipse run time environment)

Comments
Brian Kates commented Aug 06 '19, 11:46 a.m.

As an update, we cannot get the 6.0.6.1 RCT client to run on a 2019-06 version of Eclipse (or a version of STS that bundles the 2019-06 version of Eclipse).  We can however get the 6.0.6 client to work with Eclipse Photon.  I have not yet tried 6.0.6.1 on Eclipse Photon.  

The error message when trying to Connect to a Repository location (in our error log) is:

Unhandled event loop exception
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/http/impl/client/WinHttpClients
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RemoteTeamServer.isWindowsAuthAvailable(RemoteTeamServer.java:2679)

We are using the Java 8 JDK that comes with WebSphere 9.  Though, we did try an Oracle Java 8 JDK too, with no success.

Brian Kates commented Aug 06 '19, 12:17 p.m.

Interestingly, an older version of the RTC Client, 6.0.1 works with STS 4.3.1 (which is based on Eclipse 2019-06).  

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.