It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I switch off Administrative Override of project area permissions?

Michael Mazibuko (215) | asked Aug 01 '19, 8:22 a.m.

I am trying to restrict modifications of the Project Area. I granted all Project Area actions only to the Admin role. Users with the Team Member role should have read access to view the configuration of the Project Area.

When a non-admin user (not part of the JazzAdmins and JazzProjectAdmins) modifies the project area, the Team Advisor first indicates:

"Permission Denied" 

then  

"The operation proceeded because of your administrative privileges. The process configuration would not have allowed this otherwise."

What causes the administrative override and how do I switch it off?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Aug 02 '19, 5:32 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

For all I know (and I just checked) the administrative override only happens if you have JazzAdmin, JazzProjectAdmin repository role or if you are added as a member of the project areas Administrators.  

Comments
Michael Mazibuko commented Aug 03 '19, 9:46 a.m.

Currently on my side users with JazzUsers repository role only and are not part of the project area administrators trigger the administrative override when making changes to the project area. This is why I wanted to find turn it off because the denying modifications to the project is bypassed. 

Geoffrey Clemm commented Aug 04 '19, 10:52 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

If the user only has JazzUsers repository permission, and is not a member of the project administrator list for that project area, then I would work with IBM support to figure out why they are getting an administrative override. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.