It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Report Builder Calculated Value Column - Sum Total

Bob 3 (1481564) | asked Jul 31 '19, 3:36 p.m.

I have prepared a Report Builder 6.0.6 iFix009 report that lists all the QM test case execution total run times. I need to sum all of them and show a total run time of each of the individual total run times. When I add a calculated value column in Report Builder, the sums appear in a new column to the right. 

What I really need is for the sum to be below the Total Run Time column. 
Is this possible with Report Builder?

One answer

permanent link
Bob 3 (1481564) | answered Aug 05 '19, 9:28 p.m.

With the help of IBM support, I have solved this by using the following approach:

1. As compared to my original screen capture, I removed the third column
  2. I added a calculated value on the Total Run time column with syntax SUM($QM Test Result:Total Run Time$)/60000
    Note that the division by 60000 is to convert the default units of milliseconds to minutes
  3. Save and run the report

The value "5" is a hyperlink that leads to a drill-down of the individual test case execution records Total Run Time values:

The sum does not appear as a calculated value BELOW the Total Run Time column as I had originally wanted, but my need is met.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.