It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to configure a table in RPE or JRS to display test case results by test suite result?

Timothy Distel (73146) | asked Jul 22 '19, 12:34 p.m.
edited Jul 22 '19, 12:52 p.m.

Hello,

I'm using CLM Suite 6.0.6.

What I'd like to do is generate a table that displays a static definition of test cases, and have a corresponding column for each of the 6-8 different test suite results in a test plan. The data population for each test case would be test case results, whether that Case passed or failed in that Suite Result. The table would ultimately be generated by RPE, but I was hoping I could configure a JRS report to have a direct RPE export from JRS.

For Example:

|      Test Suite Result 1       |       Test Suite Result 2      |       Test Suite Result 3 

Test Case A      |              Pass                      |                 Pass                   |                Fail       
Test Case B      |              Pass                      |                 Fail                     |                Pass
Test Case C      |               Fail                       |                 Fail                     |                Pass
Test Case D      |              Pass                      |                 NA                      |                 NA

Is this possible, either in a JRS report or in RPE?

One answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k15) | answered Jul 23 '19, 2:46 a.m.

You can design a template in RPE to get the output you are looking for. However, it would be a hard report to design with RPE as you have to mash the dynamic data source configuration elements within table rows or cells. You need to figure out how to nest them together within the template. If you can get this output through JRS, exporting it to RPE is recommended.

Comments
Timothy Distel commented Jul 23 '19, 7:08 a.m.

How would one go about getting this output through JRS? I imagine it would have to be through manually editing the SQL/SparQL query. If that is the case, RPE may actually be the easier option. Would you be able to recommend best path forward for someone not proficient in manually editing queries?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.