It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

On RTC6.0.6.1 You don't have permission to perform the following actions: * Modify Build Result (modify)

Fons Maathuis (25215) | asked Jul 18 '19, 8:29 a.m.

Hi, we're using RTC 6.0.6.1 and I've created a demo project. This project inherits all permissions from a COMMON project, as all our projects do. This demo project is for teaching and demo's, I do have two test-users configured as team-member, and two administrators, also configured as PO+team-member and SM+team-member. 

While trying to build the sources I've created, I keep getting the message 'You don't have permission to perform the following actions:*   Modify Build Result (modify)'. This permission should be inheritid but isn't obviously. Even when I override the permissions in the project DEMO itself, this message gets coming. 
I'm out of options, does someone has an idea?

thanx in advance

Fons

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jul 19 '19, 3:01 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jul 19 '19, 3:05 a.m.

What does "This permission should be inherited" mean?

Does the user that performs the operation have a role that has the permission, in the project area where the build is done, to modify the build result (in said project area) or not? That should be easy enough to see in that project areas process configuration.

https://jazz.net/library/article/291 explains how permissions work. 

I am not aware that process sharing (if you mean this with inherits) would change this. I would expect only the roles and their permission configuration would be shared from the process, but I have not looked into process sharing for quite some time now. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.