It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Cross component move in RTC

Vishakha Kansal (3116) | asked Jul 16 '19, 6:50 a.m.
retagged Jul 19 '19, 6:44 p.m. by Michael Afshar (7014)

Is it possible in RTC to move components from one repository workspace to other repository workspace?

Using RTC 6.0.6.61

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Jul 17 '19, 1:14 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
A repository of a workspace does not have a component, but rather has a configuration of a component.

A configuration of a component can (and usually does) exist in multiple repository workspaces.

So if you want to "move" a configuration of a component from one workspace to another, you would create a baseline of that component in the source workspace, add that baseline of that component to the target workspace, and then remove that component configuration from the source workspace.

Comments
Vishakha Kansal commented Jul 19 '19, 3:20 a.m.

I am basically looking to move data which i have in one component to other component which is configured in different workspace. Does move "Move in Repository workspace" feature works for this?

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 19 '19, 3:43 a.m.

I had answered that but this is not what your question says, so I deleted it. 

Vishakha Kansal commented Jul 24 '19, 3:14 a.m.

I am not able to list components from other repository workspace when i do "Move in repository workspace". 

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 24 '19, 3:28 a.m. | edited Jul 24 '19, 3:29 a.m.

Then add the component you want to move to to the repository workspace. 

Vishakha Kansal commented Jul 24 '19, 5:06 a.m.

Can i move the data if components are independent of each other in two separate workspaces. 

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 24 '19, 5:18 a.m.

Can you see the desired target component in the other repository workspace? 

Vishakha Kansal commented Jul 24 '19, 5:22 a.m.

Yes i can see the target component in other workspace, but when i click on "Move in repository" from eclipse project it is not listing me the target components from other workspace. 

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 24 '19, 5:34 a.m.

So you can not see it then. The feature is called "Move in Repository Workspace" indicating the move is within a repository workspace and not across repository workspaces. there is also no reason to not create a repository workspace to perform the move.  

showing 5 of 8 show 3 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.