It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Restrict Change Set Deliveries By Stream

Patrick Davis (112) | asked Jul 11 '19, 11:19 a.m.

I have two streams in my project and two groups of work items. I want to make sure that change sets associated with one group of work items can only be delivered to one stream, and change sets associated with the other group of work items can only be delivered to the other stream.

As far as I can gather, this can only be done by making a custom precondition, but resources I have been able to find on the subject have proven outdated and unhelpful. I am using Rational Team Concert Version 6.0.4.

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Jul 11 '19, 10:34 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

There is a pre-defined precondition that says "the work item associated with this change set must satisfy a specific work item query".   Create a query that selects the appropriate group of work items, and associate it with that pre-defined precondition for the appropriate stream.

Comments
Patrick Davis commented Jul 12 '19, 9:40 a.m.

The issue I have with that strategy is that I can only assign the query on a per-project basis, rather than a per-stream basis, and both of these streams are in the same project. If I attempt to deliver Work Item A to Stream B, I want it to result in an error and prevent the delivery. Same with Work Item B and Stream A. If I made two of these queries and two preconditions, the Work Item would need to satisfy both since they're both in the same project, and there aren't any Work Items I want to deliver to both streams.

Am I missing something?

Geoffrey Clemm commented Jul 12 '19, 5:12 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You would need to create a team area for each set of streams that need a different query, and make that team area the owner of the appropriate streams. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.