It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Linking AM to QM and CCM

Christoph Bergner (25110) | asked Jul 09 '19, 7:50 p.m.

We have built an OSLC AM provider. Now we would like to link AM <> RQM

We are able to add a link from the AM side to e.g. a test case in RQM but in the test case I dont see the link. I would have expected it to be under "development items" but it isnt. Also in development items of a test case I cannot add a link against our AM provider.
Do we have a problem in the configuration or is unidirectional links from the AM side the only thing we can do with RQM artifacts?

Comments
Don Yang commented Jul 11 '19, 1:14 a.m.

If you go to QM admin page, there is a menu "Uncategorized - OSLC Link/Attribute Mapping Help ", you may want check if you need to define the mapping here first.

Christoph Bergner commented Jul 13 '19, 3:50 a.m.

My problem is that I want to link QM and AM. This section helps to link QM and CCM. It seems like Jazz has implementations only for certain relations that are obiously "main stream" like RM<>QM, RM<>AM, QM<>CCM.

Currently, I dont see how QM<>AM can be done.

Don Yang commented Jul 14 '19, 11:34 p.m.
so this OSLC AM provider is built by yourself? in this case, it seems to me QM is only as OSLC consumer. Have you built OSLC QM provider in this case?
My understanding is that you would need both OSLC provider and consumer to have bidirectional link.

Christoph Bergner commented Jul 15 '19, 2:56 a.m. | edited Jul 15 '19, 2:59 a.m.

Thank you for the link. We have built OSLC AM Providers and OSLC Consumers for the most important modeling tools (Enterprise Architect, Cameo / MagicDraw, Matlab Simulink, etc.). We can consume RQM (OSLC QM) content on the AM side. Jazz can consume AM Content from our AM provider. My problem is that RQM does not seem to have an implementation for consuming AM content. At least I dont find a space where that content is presented in the RQM UI. 
The link you shared says RQM does consume AM content but I simply cannot see where in the application.

Don Yang commented Jul 15 '19, 10:14 p.m.

not sure if you have checked with that

One answer

permanent link
Ulf Arne Bister (1.3k413) | answered Jul 16 '19, 8:22 a.m.
Christoph,

to see the Architecture relevant link in QM (the only one being "validates / validated by") you need to explicitely add that section to your test cases.
Open test case, in left hand menu > Manage Sections and add "Architecture Element Links". In that view when you click the + symbol you should be able to pick from the elements in associated Rhapsody Model Manager project areas and also see linked architecture elements.

If this answers your question please mark the answer accepted.

- Arne

Comments
Don Yang commented Jul 17 '19, 1:42 a.m.

if it is not Rhapsody Model Manager and OSLC provider was built for some other 3rd party tool, would that still work?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.