It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM & RFT Integration

Vinay Kumar AV (17933837) | asked Nov 03 '09, 3:40 p.m.
Hi there

One of the teams got a problem when they ran RFT scripts via RQM.

They successfully ran some RFT scripts in RQM. But when some RFT scripts were run that used some external JARs(non-IBM JARs), these scripts failed.

Could you please help to give us some suggestion?

Regards
Vinay

6 answers

permanent link
Michael Thoen (6) | answered Nov 04 '09, 2:49 a.m.
Hi there

They successfully ran some RFT scripts in RQM. But when some RFT scripts were run that used some external JARs(non-IBM JARs), these scripts failed.

Regards
Vinay

Hello,

there seems to be a problem with RFT loading the correct classpaths when ran from RQM when using external jar files. To solve your issue you need to put the external jar files in the following location for RFT to pick them up:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\IBM\RFT\customization

Hope this helps.
Kind regards,

Michael

permanent link
Chandrahasa Reddy D (5715360) | answered Nov 30 '11, 6:16 a.m.
Hi,
I have installed RQM on JTS server. Now I want to integrate with RFT with RQM.. Can you please tell me, in RQM adapter console what values I should enter for "Server URL" , "username" , "password".

Your reply is highly appreciated..

permanent link
Patrick Van Zandt (1.2k1) | answered Nov 30 '11, 11:56 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,
I have installed RQM on JTS server. Now I want to integrate with RFT with RQM.. Can you please tell me, in RQM adapter console what values I should enter for "Server URL" , "username" , "password".

Hi chandrahasa,

I'm not sure that I understand your question. Do you have a question about the syntax of the values to enter, or you are looking for the actual values? I can help with the first but not with the second.

For the fields you mentioned (Server URL, Login, and Password) you need to enter the relevant values for the RQM server that you want to connect to. This will allow the RFT adaptor to connect to the RQM server. None of us here would know what those values are; you need to provide them (or ask your QM server admin to create an account for the adapter if one does not already exist).

An example (just to illustrate the syntax) would be:

Server URL: https://rqm301.ibm.com:9443/qm
Login: rftadapter1
Password: password123

For more information reference this article in the RFT documentation:
Configuring and running the IBM Rational Functional Tester adapter for IBM Rational Quality Manager

Cheers,
Patrick

permanent link
Patrick Van Zandt (1.2k1) | answered Nov 30 '11, 11:59 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi there

Regards
Vinay

Hello,

there seems to be a problem with RFT loading the correct classpaths when ran from RQM when using external jar files. To solve your issue you need to put the external jar files in the following location for RFT to pick them up:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\IBM\RFT\customization

Hope this helps.
Kind regards,

Michael

FYI this is expected behavior and applies to all RFT playback via CLI (command line interface) regardless of the mechanism used to invoke it. More details in this thread: ClassNotDeffException whenn running a RFT Script from RQM.

Cheers,
Patrick

permanent link
Chandrahasa Reddy D (5715360) | answered Dec 01 '11, 2:27 a.m.
Hi, Patrick,
Thanks for the reply. I tried this option before posting this thread. But I could not succed. I tried by giving following parameters.
Server URL: https://localhost:9443/qm
Username: My admin username
Password: My admin password
I tries many other URL's like https://localhost:9443/jts, https://localhost:9443/jts/admin. As you mentioned creating account for the RFT adapter. How do I do this? here I am only the admin...
Please help.
Hi,

Hi chandrahasa,

I'm not sure that I understand your question. Do you have a question about the syntax of the values to enter, or you are looking for the actual values? I can help with the first but not with the second.

For the fields you mentioned (Server URL, Login, and Password) you need to enter the relevant values for the RQM server that you want to connect to. This will allow the RFT adaptor to connect to the RQM server. None of us here would know what those values are; you need to provide them (or ask your QM server admin to create an account for the adapter if one does not already exist).

An example (just to illustrate the syntax) would be:

Server URL: https://rqm301.ibm.com:9443/qm
Login: rftadapter1
Password: password123

For more information reference this article in the RFT documentation:
Configuring and running the IBM Rational Functional Tester adapter for IBM Rational Quality Manager

Cheers,
Patrick

Comments
Sourabh Jain commented Jul 27 '13, 6:28 a.m.

Hi Chandrahasa,

Instead of localhost , provide your actual machine hostname
https:<localhost>:9443/jts/admin, 

permanent link
veena gumma (6) | answered Jan 17 '12, 8:37 a.m.
Hi,

I need to execute automated scripts in Virtual machines. I need the results to be stored in a database. Can any one guide me on this please.

Regards
V'

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.