It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I link two DOOR's modules without programming?

Alain BP (1111) | asked Jun 18 '19, 4:54 a.m.

I am new with IBM DOORS and I need some hint or help with this, probably, basic issue.

I have a Module A which contains some requirements and another Modules B,C,D etc, which corresponds to a concrete supplier answering to requirements that come from Module A. Therefore, if a requirement changes (i.e the text) I would like that automatically that change is also shown in modules B,C D...

Module A (Attributes)
Req_code (text)
Req_type
Req_text
Req_owner
[...]

Module B,C.. (Attributes)
Req_code (text)
Supplier
Base_option
Req_answer
Req_comments
[...]

The idea is, somehow, to make a linkage between Req_code in Module A and Req_code from other modules (one to many) so I can create a complete view with atributes from two modules.

I have been searching on the web but I have only found that this could be done with a dxl script. Is there any other way to do this not involving programming? I tried creating a linkage module, but I did not get what I wanted.

Thanks in advance,
Bilbinight

One answer

permanent link
Sean F (1.3k243150) | answered Jun 18 '19, 6:43 a.m.
There is no DXL in DOORS NG - only in DOORS Classic.

You can get attributes (including primary text) from linked artifacts in module A to display inside module B using traceability views and JRS reports.

You can monitor the impact of change on linked artifacts using suspect links.

Not sure exactly what you are trying to achieve.

Comments
Alain BP commented Jun 18 '19, 7:12 a.m.
Hi Sean,
First of all thanks for your reply. Yes, I am using IBM RATIONAL DOORS 9.5.2.0.

The idea is to be able to link Module A and Module B, C, D, E... in an automatic way using Req_code attribute (even if the Module B,C,D,E... has not yet any object). 

My problem is that I do not know how can I do this (with Link->Advanced->Link by attribute, or using any other possibility...)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.